My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 9 – Day 63 of 84

Tomorrow is the beginning of the final phase of this 12-week challenge.  We’ll be eating at a 40% caloric deficit these 3 weeks and our cardio portion will be slow and easy.  An hour (3 days a week) at 55% MHR.  We’ll be doing circuit style weight workouts (3 days a week) as well.

40% caloric deficit for me is – 1262 calories.  I’ll be striving for lower carbs (30%) and higher protein (50%) and low fat (20%).  50% carbs is HIGH for me… so I’ll see how well I can do. For those of you watching my menu… I can’t promise I’ll be eating a lot of WHOLE foods to try and get my protein in.  I’ll be supplementing with bars and powders… I’m not a HUGE meat eater.

I weighed in yesterday morning and was the exact same as last week.  Yesterday was Cycle Day 2, so I was okay with staying even for the week – even though I was on VERY LOW calories all week long.  It’s JUST the hormones.

On to Week 10…