My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week 9 – Day 62 of 84

It all comes down to choices.

I can eat nearly PERFECT when I’m at work.  I take all my food for the day (except supper) and since I have no other options in front of me, sticking to that is rather easy.  Then I usually can stick to a healthy supper pretty easy with a little planning.  Now, the weekends, they seem to be a bit more tempting to veer off diet.  When my kids were younger, and I was chasing them around at ballgames and practices and such, I would bring a cooler with me in my car wherever we went.  I had it packed with safe foods that I could eat easily, such as yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal; protein bars and RTDs; nuts; tuna packets and pita; etc.  People got really used to seeing me eat my mini meals at ballgames.

Anyway, weekends tend to be a little tougher for me, but when I’m “in the zone”, I usually do really well with my choices.  Eating at Chili’s for supper last night, for instance.  I knew I could eat well off of the Guiltless menu.  Today, I had a baby shower to attend (for my new grandniece), so I ate before I went, and made up my mind before going in that I would NOT be eating.  Dave’s sister invited us to supper (to be able to visit the new baby some more before they make the trip back home).  She cooks very southern and I knew that I might have to make “choices” there, so I ate something before I left and ate small portions of the healthy options she had before us.  But, I did choose to have a little of the “Velveeta shells and cheese” and a sliver of a piece of her birthday cake as well.  So, after saying all that, here’s how today went.

Today’s Eats:

Goal = 1058 calories (30p/50c/20f)

Actual = 1113 (+55)

Ratio = 24% protein/52% carbs/24% fat

I’ll be re-evaluating my calories and getting our workouts ready for the final phase tomorrow.  AND it’s Free Day!!