My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 4 – Day 22 of 84

Today begins week 4.  I’ve recalculated my BMR and daily caloric expenditure and my new goal at a 40% deficit is 1150 calories per day.  40% deficit is quite a bit… but we are NOT doing typical workouts this week.  No weights, no cardio.  Instead we did about 30 minutes of static stretching and foam rolling.  Some of you wondered what you do with a foam roller.  Foam rollers can be used in fitness for a few things, but we will be using them to do self massage and stretching.  Here is an example for the calf …

Today is a fasting day, my first meal was supper.  I had a lean turkey burger with cheese wrapped in romaine leafs, with mushrooms sautéed in olive oil, and some black beans with a little salsa. (336 calories, 41% protein, 31% carbs, 28% fat)

We’ll be doing the stretches and foam roller all this week along with a reduced caloric goal and very low carbs.  That will be the death of me!! Look at what my supper was – no bread, no fruit, no sugars… but it totaled 31% carbs.  I’m not a big believer in very low carb diets, so I don’t recommend this for long term.