My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 2 – Day 11 of 84

I had a busy, busy day.  I didn’t get my cardio in until after 5:30 and went to the grocery store after that and finally got home about 8 PM.  I was a little behind on my eating, but I fit it in to stay on track.

Today’s Eats:

Goal = 1255 calories

Actual = 1257 (+2)

Ratio = 39% protein/40% carbs/20% fat

Today’s workout: Cardio

It was FREEZING cold today (below 20 degrees), so I didn’t let Jodi talk me into doing our cardio outside (I think she would’ve done it!!).  We went to the gym instead and walked on the treadmill at 70% MHR for a total of 50 minutes.

I got “The Body Fat Solution” book (by Tom Venuto) today and started reading it tonight.  It looks to be very interesting.  Tom is known in the bodybuilding world for helping elite athletes achieve VERY low body fat levels for peak performance or competition. He is good at what he does.  This book is his attempt at taking his expertise to the average American, real people, who want to build lean muscle and lose body fat as well as maintain their perfect weight.  I’m excited to read it.