My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Monday, January 5, 2009

12 Week Challenge – Start Date 1/5/09

I’m starting this fitness blog to chart my workouts/diet/progress.  If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in fitness and getting healthy.  Feel free to comment on my notes, ask questions, or if you’re joining our 12 week challenge, let me know how you’re doing.

Today, Jodi and I are regrouping and starting again on new fitness goals.  We’re beginning a 12-week challenge toward losing a few pounds.  My short term goal would be to lose 10 pounds in the mini-challenge.  We’re both in pretty good shape physically, so our (or at least MY) goals for this challenge relate to my weight, or more precisely, my pant (and gut) size.

Some long term goals for me include:

Unassisted pull ups (I’d love to do 10); 30 military (men’s style) pushups (I can do 20 consecutive currently); bench press two 50 pound dumbbells (I can do 40s now).

Today’s workout: A1 (rotating with A2)

Straight sets (3x10) of the following:

Wide stance deadlifts (25# DBs)

Swiss Ball Bridge

Swiss Ball Flyes (15# DBs)

Neutral Grip Shoulder press (15# DBs)

Prone Superman (2-3 second holds)

Wood chops (Low to High) (10# DB)

Plank (1 minute each) – This would be Jodi’s absolute FAVORITE exercise (not).

70% 1RM, 90 sec rest between movements

Food goals for the week:

1250 calories/day with a 40p/35c/25f macronutrient ratio

Today:

1203 calories at 23% protein/40% carbs/36% fat

(I’ve got to do better than that!)

Tomorrow = cardio

I hope you’ll consider doing this fitness challenge with us!!