My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week 4 – Day 28 of 84

This has been a long, wild week.  On Tuesday (midday), we lost our power due to a massive ice storm.  Today is Sunday, and we’re still without power … although I’m posting this via our new generator.  We are being frugal with the generator… so I will not be able to post often.

We didn’t do the stretching workouts like we were supposed to this week, since we’ve been digging out from the mess.  David and I worked in our yard hauling out branches and stacking the wood we got from all the tree destruction all day yesterday.  We have lots left to get done. But, this old gal is not so used to all that manual labor!

Anyway, the first part of the week I ate pretty well considering our food was on our back porch and there wasn’t much to pick from or fix with no power.  But, I was down 3 pounds earlier in the week.  On Friday, we just got tired and decided we’d go with Jodi and Gary to our local Breadeaux Pizza place (YUM!) and, let’s just say we ate more carbs than we should have.  So, for the week, I’m down 1.5 pounds.  A total of 4 pounds for this 12 week challenge so far.  Six pounds from goal and we’re starting week 5 tomorrow.  I’m not sure if our gym even has power, so we’ll have to see how that goes.

Please pray for all the people here in Arkansas without power. Some don’t even have heat (my son being one).  We are blessed with wood heat backup and natural gas cooking, etc.  Hopefully, things will be back to normal soon.

Have a great week!