My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 8 – Day 55 of 84

Today was weigh-in day. I was down another pound this week!! Thrilled. (Total of 5 pounds for this 12 week challenge.)

I’m pretty big on tracking scale weight (which is not something I’m proud of, or recommend), so today I was pleasantly surprised when the pants I wore were loose enough to almost pull off without unbuttoning.  Means more to me than any number on the scale!  I’ve been putting off buying much for “britches” since I want to lose considerably in this area.

Today’s Eats:

Goal = 1335 calories

Actual = 1315 (-20)

Ratio = 29% protein/42% carbs/29% fat

I tried a new food today and LOVED it! Hummus.  Have y’all tried it?  I bought two flavors (Roasted Garlic and Roasted Red Pepper) and ate it with baby carrots.

TMF50606-7convtd

Jodi and I bought some more Joseph’s pitas.  You can’t get them at our (local) Walmart.  We have to drive about 18 miles to the next Walmart to get them.  We’re now buying in bulk and freezing them – we love them that much!  So far, we’ve stuffed them (like you normally do pita bread) as well as used them as mini-thin pizza crust.  For a light snack, we’re going to try cutting them in wedges and toasting them in the toaster oven and eat them with salsa (or a concoction of salsa, fat free sour cream, and guacamole).  Speaking of guacamole, Dave made me an awesome omelet this morning and I topped it with 2 teaspoons of guacamole.  THAT is yummy!!

Today’s Workout: Cardio

I stayed home again today (instead of going to the gym) and did BFL intervals on my home treadmill.  I have been so lazy about Saturday workouts in the past year or so that it is a major milestone for me to get it done. So, I was patting myself on the back for making it two weeks in a row.

Tomorrow is Free Day… then on to Week 9 (rest/recovery).