My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 5 – Day 35 of 84

End of week 5.  Okay, I haven’t done so hot the last nearly two weeks.  With the power being out, my eating was less than desired.  We did get back to working out this week and with the new (tough) weight workouts - we were SO sore!!  Our weight workouts are supersets (3 sets of 12), while our cardio has now moved to 35 minute sessions of interval type training three times a week.

I ended up back up 1.5 pounds this week (a trade-off from last week – UGH!).  Today is CD1, so that may account for part of the weight fluctuation.  It seems every month is a struggle with that.

Tomorrow is a fast day, and then I’ll be back on track with my eating.  The goals for this three week period are a 30% deficit (1330 calories) and I’m shooting for a macronutrient ratio of 35% protein/40% carbs/25% fat.  That’s pretty doable.

How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolution to lose weight?? It’s February, and lots of folks start giving up around this time.  Are you hanging in there??