My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 7 – Day 48 of 84

Today was weigh-in day.  I also took measurements, which I hadn’t done in 4 weeks.  I was pleasantly surprised.

My weight was down 1 pound for the week (a total of 4 pounds in this seven week period).  Not stellar, but it is a downward trend.  My measurements had moved a bit, though.  So far in 7 weeks, I have had the following changes in measurement:

  • Scale weight – down 4 pounds
  • Chest – down 1/4”
  • Waist – down 1/4”
  • Abdomen (at naval) – down 1/2”
  • Hips (at hip bone) – down 1 1/4” (Yipee!)
  • Hips (at fullest part) – down 1/2”
  • Thigh – down 1/4”
  • Calf – down 1/4”
  • Ankle – down 1/4”
  • Bicep – down 1/2”
  • Forearm – down 1/4”

That goes to show you that pounds on the scale are not THE best gauge for measuring your fitness success.

Today’s Eats:

Goal = 1335 calories

Actual = 1339 (+4)

Ratio = 30% protein/50% carbs/19% fat

Today’s Workout: Cardio

I stayed home (instead of going to the gym) and did BFL intervals on my home treadmill.  Felt good to follow through on a Saturday workout.

Tomorrow is FREE day… and my favorite Mexican restaurant!  Then, on to week 8 of 12!