My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I’m still alive…

I’m just posting to let the one or two of you who read this know that I’m still alive and back from vacation.  Work is BUSY right now and I’m training in the evenings, so I’m a little behind. BUT, I’ll be honest and tell you that I ate horribly over vacation but I’ve been back on track this week, with one weak moment of hitting a handful of Tootsie Rolls.  I was 137.5 when I left for vacation and 142.5 when I got back. WOW! Monday morning when I weighed in I was 141.5… I ate less on my Free Day than normal since I had a free WEEK.  I am training some motivated people right now, who are having GREAT results, which is very encouraging to me!  I’m determined to figure out why I’m struggling to lose and easily gaining at this point in my life.

This week, I’ve decided to track my typical style of eating (these days, mostly a lazy version of BFL) in Weight Watcher points and see where I end up.  This is my 3rd day of tracking and so far, I’ve had to add just a small something at the end of the day to add up to the recommended points.  If it all pans out, I should be on target for 5 or 6 days a week and have extra points for Free Day at the end of the week.  I will say that my foods are not as strict BFL as when I lost all my weight.  Today’s food was:

  • 1 egg + 1 egg white ham, mushroom and cheese omelet
  • 1 RTD protein shake, 1 medium apple
  • Large salad with chicken breast and red wine vinaigrette dressing with Baked Lays (not a perfect choice)
  • Chicken soup and 6 crackers (also not a perfect choice – keeping it real)
  • Slice of whole wheat bread with Smart Choice peanut butter

BFL would be more like:

  • Omelet - same
  • RTD shake and apple – same
  • Salad with chicken breast (drop the baked chips and add a piece of fruit or whole grain item and possibly a handful of nuts)
  • Soup – same (drop the crackers, possibly add fruit or whole grain item)
  • Slice of ww bread with Smart Balance – same (could replace PB with a lean protein)

I’m also trying to get all my water in.  When I get too busy, I lose track of drinking my water.

I’ll be back this weekend with my weight update post.  I’m pretty sure this challenge is a bust, but I NEVER let myself get down about it.  I just pick myself up, dust myself off, and work to do better.

Have a great Friday!!