My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Sunday, June 14, 2009

C2 – Week 9, Day 63 of 84

Cycle Day 15 – Buffing, Weight 139.0

Before we left on our trip I weighed 137.5.  Last Sunday, right after we got back, I weighed 142.5.  Today, one week later, I’m down to 139.0 (I was down to 138.5 one day this week).  I’ll take a 3.5 pound loss in one week any day, even though I’m still 1.5 pounds over my pre-vacation weight.

The workouts were great this week.  Jodi and I are both VERY sore from our lower body workout on Wednesday.  Our Monday/Friday upper body workouts were tough, but we weren’t near as sore from them.  We did 1 minute intervals for cardio.

My eating has been very good.  In my last post, I mentioned that I am plugging my typical eating choices into Weight Watchers points to see where I’m falling. Since I’ve started tracking, I’ve gotten anywhere from 18.5 – 20.5 points per day.  My recommended points per day is 19. 

Then, on Friday evening, we went out to eat at a country seafood buffet.  I knew that it was going to be hard to stay low on points, so I got ONE plate of food that included fried catfish, fried shrimp, green beans, baked beans, a small amount of French fries and potato salad, and some ketchup and tartar sauce and for dessert a small bowl of peach cobbler with a dollop of vanilla soft serve.  Honestly, I had one plate, no seconds… so that’s taking it easy for me!  In WW, you are allowed 35 extra points each week in case you want to splurge, so I was thinking I could eat moderately and go slightly over my points and still have my Free Day today.  NOT.  That meal alone I estimated was like 37.5 points!! I had a total of 52 points for the day which means there was VERY little left for Free Day.

So, today after church we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I didn’t eat a single chip (uhuh!) and I ate 3/4s of a chicken quesadilla with no cheese on top (it was topped with guacamole and sour cream). I also drank two full glasses of water while we were there.  I usually don’t even finish my first glass.

So, I’m feeling a little better about my Friday buffet today.

Next week, Monday through Wednesday are Buffing days… on Thursday we switch to Boosting workouts.  I’m excited because I’ve got pyramids slated.

So, on we go to week 10…