My Weight Loss Journey since 1/1/09

Sunday, May 3, 2009

C2 – Week 4, Day 28 of 84

Cycle Day 28 – Boosting, Weight 138.5 lbs.

Ok, people, I’m ashamed to admit that I’m struggling in the eating department.  Workouts are GREAT! I’m working hard, thank goodness, or I’d be gaining like crazy.  The problem is in my lack of planning and I’m just not “in my head” motivated to eat as well as normal.  I’m up a half a pound this week and, truthfully, it’s cycle day 28, so most of it is hormones, but to be honest, I’ve eaten a few things this week that weren’t typically healthy options.  Don’t get me wrong, overall, I ate okay… but there were some moments of eating things that are just not in the best interest of my hips/thighs.  Just keeping it real.

I did just buy and read “Cheat Your Way Thin”, which I told Jodi is nothing new to me.  I read about this stuff constantly!  The basic premise is eat a very liberal Free Day and then you carb cycle for the rest of the week.  It seems when I think about my week, in my head, from the outset it seems easy to choose all the right foods, but in the middle of the day, when it’s time to get something to eat… easy, fast, and even not-all-that-good-for-you seems to call my name.  This week, baked chips.  They were calling my name. But, that’s where meal planning is KEY!

Anyway. Shake it off, Jacquie.  Regroup.  It’s another week.  On to week 5…